Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quintessentially New York

A few weeks ago we went out for drinks with a friend of my brother's who lives in New York.  He said he would take care of the reservation, something which I thought was a little strange seeing as we were going for drinks, however this is Manhattan and you never know so I just went with it. We arrived at this pretty nondescript door and were ushered in to what I can only describe as a gentleman's library - the walls were paneled in floor to ceiling wood bookshelves (complete with ladders), the flooring was stone and wood, and the furniture was all upholstered in leather.  The one crucial different is that instead of books on the shelves they had hundreds and hundreds of bottles of whisky, we were at The Brandy Library. I am not a brandy or digestif drinker really but it was a truly spectacular and great idea for a space and we had a wonderful time!


Hope everyone has a great weekend and that the weather is as sunny where you are as it is in NYC today!
A x

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your bar/restaurant finds in NYC. Most are new to me and it's great having fresh ideas from where to pull from. I had clients coming in, had no idea where to take them, and I turned to you to get the idea of going to the Stanton Social. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We have truly enjoyed discovering through food and drink all that this wonderful city has to offer. We have not even scratched the surface, but if I can inspire those around me to try some of the places we have been and loved, then that makes me smile :)
      How did you enjoy The Social?

      Delete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...